SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

pella retractable screen door

A handy person from Staten Island,NY says:
The track on my retractable pella screen door needs to be replaced. Where can I get a replacement?
I have a triple unit with the screen on a roller in the middle.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Are you looking for the Pella screen trolley? See 80-053 and 80-054.
A handy person from Staten Island,NYn says:
No, Maybe I described it wrong. The screen roller/retractor is side mounted( a disappearing screen door) The bottom track that I need is just a channel with felt edge, that guides the retractable screen, and the felt is coming apart.
Profile picture of Mike
Can you upload a few photos of the hardware you're trying to replace so we can take a look?
I am attaching a couple photos.
As you can see, it is a channel track/with felt on one side.
User submitted photo of sliding screen door track.
Profile picture of Mike
Thank you for submitting your photos to us.

Unfortunately ,we do not carry a Pella replacement track that you'd be able to use as a replacement. Locating these Pella tracks can be a difficult task. If you'd like to find a replacement, we recommend contact Pella regarding the issue.

As for the wool pile weatherstripping issue, we recommend taking a look at the 58-026 Stick-on Wool Pile. Of course, you'd have to remove your current weatherstripping and clean out the track thoroughly before you install the new wool pile. See if there is a flat surface for the new weatherstripping to attach to.
Mike, Thanks for taking the time to help me try and solve my problem.
There is a Pella store near-by that I will try.
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry we couldn't help you locate the specific track.

Good luck in your search. I hope you're able to successfully complete the project.
A contractor from IL says:
I was a Pella service tech for many years. What you have is a Pella Rolscreen for your Designer Series patio door. That track is known to loose its pile strip quickly. You have a ten year warranty on that part so contact your local pella office and they will ship you a replacement track at no charge. They onlu came out with that particular product around 2003 or 2004 so you should still have the warranty.

Cheers!
I contacted Pella, and the screen system I have is no longer in production, and was told no parts left in stock.
They would have to come and change the whole screen assembly (parts covered, but huge labor charge)
A contractor from IL says:
That's just not true. You indeed can still get parts. You should call a local Pella office and speak with someone who knows a bit more about the availability. If you call the office in West Chicago, IL. you will get the right answer. They have a knowledgeable staff in the service department.

Cheers!
A quick learner from Mesa, AZ says:
I have this same retractable screen system. I need to find out how to remove it from the door. My new dog, not used to a screen on the door, tried to run out and now the screen will not retract. In the past when this has happened I have been able to pull on the screen and get it to retract again. This time that will not work, maybe spring is broken. Can anyone tell me how to remove the unit so I can check on the spring and get a replacement part if needed. Hopefully the contractor from IL is still following this thread.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)