pella screen door top guide

A home owner from Michigan says:
Hi,

I have a Pella sliding glass door with a screen that is missing some sort of top track or guide. The door is old, I beleive around late 80's. I've searched through replacement parts, but can't figure out exactly what is suppose to go up there. There is about 3/8" of space between the top of the screen and the door frame. The spring is attached at one end to a staple in about the middle of the door (this might have been some sort of "rig job" done by previous homeowner). The screen rolls fine on the bottom 2 rollers; it just needs something on the top to keep it from falling over!

Thanks,
Lily
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Lily. Thanks for posting. Actually, I think this might have been installed by Pella originally after all. We even have a similar replacement spring. Check out our 86-021 and see what you think.

Now, if you need a top guide, it's hard to say what you need without seeing the original. We have one that might match what you had. See our 82-070. Do you think this is what's missing?
A home owner from Michigan says:
Thanks for your quick reply. The spring is fine and doesnt need to be replaced. I agree that it is Pella original, what I meant by "rig job" is that it is hooked onto a staple (3rd pic)- I doubt that was the original design.

Part 82-070 is for the top of the GLASS door. My question is really what is suppose to be on the top of a SCREEN door?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I've looked into this problem with some Pella experts, and they think that the door definitely wasn't installed correctly. The top of the screen door should be up in the track, like you said. It's possible that the rollers are missing, but without seeing what they are I am not sure what you will need. I recommend that you contact a local Pella representative and see if they can send someone out to look at this for you.
A home owner from Illinois says:
Hello Lily,

I currently have the same issue you had. I am having a hard time finding a source that will help me fix the spring on our Pella screen door. Were you able to fix yours? If so, what do you suggest?
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.