SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

pella sliding door roller for pre 701

A quick learner from Warsaw Indiana says:
I sent in a question yesterday...after looking at other requests with pictures...I am sending a photo of my broken roller...not sure which one will work: 81-098 or 81-244???

actually looking for a 1 1/2 inch roller with an axel that doesn't look like anything offered on your site or the hardware store...

Thanks...see photo
User submitted photos of their Pella sliding door roller
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This looks somewhat like our 84-087 Pella Screen Door Roller. Is this for a screen door? Take a look at the 84-087 and compare it to your own hardware to see what you think.

Also be sure to look at our tutorial video which shows how to install the Pella Screen Door Roller.
A quick learner from Warsaw Indiana says:
No. This is not for a screen door...sliding door...all wood (and heavy) with window. :-)

The measurements match up exactly with the 81-244 part, but the 81-244 part has a lip that mine doesn't have.

I opened the assembly so you can see the part that connects/holds the axel of the roller. The 1 1/2 inch roller is metal and the axel is out of it on the right so you can see it...again, I can't find any rollers with this type of axel.

Thanks.

Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Jeff. After extensive research, we have determined that this roller is an older model that is no longer made. The modern replacement would be our 81-098.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)