SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

phillips fullview storm door spline

A quick learner from minneapolis minn says:
I have a Phillips fullview storm door Model 155 purchased in april 1990. I need new plastic splines (not sure of the terminology) that hold the window or screen in the door. Pete
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can I see a few pictures of the spline in question? Please make sure that we can see the end-piece. Seeing the shape is essential to identifying a replacement. Please also provide detailed dimensions.
A handy person from minneapolis, mn says:
Here are the best pics I could get Paul. Their are three ribs on the middle of the high side which is,1/2 inch. the low side across from it is flat and is about 5/16 of an inch. The bottom is flat and is 1/2 inch. The plastic material is about 1/16 of an inch thick. The length is about 64 inches. The door is at my lake cabin so the 64 inches is an estimate. I've attached a couple of the best pics I could get. As you can see, the color is dark brown. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much,

Pete
User submitted photos of window spline.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Unfortunately, we don't have this one. You might be able to use our 70-180 clear storm door clip. It's a 1/2" deep. You should also use a sheet metal screw like our 33-020.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)