SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

photograph of label included

A home owner from Swampscott, MA says:
Good Morning,

What I need is the part in jpeg 0050, the plastic runner inside the metal channel spanning the bottom of the skylite window, the piece that the arm fits into so it will slide in the channel. I also photographed the label on the window so you can see the window's identification data. The piece is 1 1/4" long.
User submitted photos of a skylight.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. That nylon slide at the end of the arm is riveted on at the factory and is not available by itself. You need a whole new operator.

Looking at your photo, it appears you have a 39-405 Velux skylight operator. Also be sure to look at the related parts that go with this operator, shown on the right side of its store page. I would highly recommend this, since I don't think your older operator uses the same hardware as ours. Velux changed some details of this operator over the years.
A quick learner from Swampscott, MA says:
Thank you - just to confirm, when you refer to "store page," you mean at the Velux site? If that is the case, they did tell me they won't sell parts for windows over a certain age, as mine is. So if I understand you, I'm thinking I'm out of luck!


Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, I'm referring to our own store page. You can click on this link to visit it to see what I'm talking about: 39-405.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)