pivot mechanism for T55 tilt out window

A home owner from Northbrook, IL says:
Hello:

I have a T55 Tilt out, double hung window. The right side slide and pivot mechanism, which is evidently spring loaded, has broken, and I can't seem to find the whole replacement unit on your site. Do you know what I am talking about? Do I need to send a picture to help?

I think to replace it, you take the cap off the top of the window, where there is an opening into which you slide the replacement, but am not sure.

Any thoughts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Yes, I think sending us a couple pictures would help. Please include dimensions of the pivot mechanism along with your photos.
Here is a picture of the unit I need, and it measures about 7" high, buy 1 3/8th.

Let me know if you know of this and can help me.

Thanks,

Dick P.
User submitted photo of their T55 tilt out double hung window support system.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience, Dick.

We were able to identify your replacement pivot shoe as the Swisco 15-048 Pivot Shoe, however we're still working on the rest.

Is there anyway you can remove the unit and submit additional photos so we can get a better look?
I will try, but it is a bit of a challenge.
Mike:

No luck. I got it to move up to the opening at the top of the track, but the unit is too long to be able to be taken out, and I can't make the opening wider, it is too thick. I think I am out of luck, and perhaps need to replace the entire window, which I don't want to do, but it would seem the situation is hopeless.

I appreciate your help though, and if I can find a Thermal Gard dealer in my area, I will have them come out and tell me what it would cost.

Dick
Profile picture of Tom
Dick, don't write off the repair option quite yet. We've been researching your setup and have discovered a few parts that are not online at the moment.

Take a look at the following: Series 180 Coil Balance (see if there's a number printed on yours, if you can), 15-086 Tandem Coil Housing, 33-072 #8 x 3/8" Pan Head Screw, and 16-024 Mount Bracket. Now, as far as the 16-024 Mount Bracket goes, it is a bit different from yours. However, we believe you could possibly still get use out of your original.

As for the pivot shoe, we did reference the 15-048 Pivot Shoe earlier, however this will not work. You'll notice your pivot shoe has a bracket (or adapter) at the top if it connecting it to the 15-086 Coil Housing. We are working on adding a pivot shoe similar to yours, however it is not yet online. We'll notify you when it is.

Now, as far as getting the hardware out of the track: check the top of the window and see if there's a window stop. You may be able to cut a space in the top in order to slide the hardware out. Get back to us on that-- we'll continue to research the other hardware in the meantime.
Profile picture of Tom
Dick, great news, your pivot shoe has been added online.

Please take a look at the 15-202 Pivot Lock Shoe. This has been discontinued by the manufacturer, but we still have some in stock.

The 15-202 is on limited supply, sold while supplies last.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.