SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

pivot shoe - can't get window in them

A quick learner from Ohio says:
I have CertainTeed double hung tilt windows and was cleaning them with them tilted in and both top and bottom windows came out of the pivot shoes. I believe the pivot bars are fine. But I cannot get the windows back in the shoes. And the shoes are extremely tight and hard to move.

I believe the pivot shoe I have is CertainTeed Pivot Bar, Product Code: 26-175 (see photo).
This may help in identifying my windows and what parts I need - these are parts I ordered in the past for my windows:
90-161 : White Window Lock & Keeper, 2-1/16"
26-288 : LH Tilt Window Latch, 1-7/16"
26-289 : RH Tilt Window Latch, 1-7/16"
Do I need to order parts or is there a trick to getting the windows back in the shoes?
Thanks so much! Joe
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! It's a little hard to tell what you have based on this picture, but your shoe looks somewhat like our 15-155. Could this be what you have? It seems the nylon housing on yours is cracked. That could be why you're having trouble, so you'll want to replace them.

Another issue could be that you have the older style pivot shoe. The pivot bars you have, the 26-175 set, will not fit in the old pivot shoe cam. Fortunately, they will fit in the 15-155, so it seems all signs are pointing here. Let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)