plastic clips for a storm window panel

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace plastic clips for a storm window panel. The old clips are one inch in length and 1/8 inch thick although slightly tapered. There is a 1/4 inch right angled section that holds the window in place. Help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would like to see a picture of the clip in question along with detailed dimensions. I don't know if we have the exact clip you want, but we might have something that could work for your storm panels.
A home owner from ny says:
Your request poses a problem. The only dimension I left out was its width (which I do not think is relevant). to my problem. Think of the letter 'L' on its long side with the long side one inch and the short side 1/4 inch.
Our 70-205 has a 1/4" offset, but without a picture I really do not know if this is a close match to your clip. all I know is that you need something with a 1/4" section and is plastic.
A home owner from ny says:
checked out your 70-205.. The current clips, other than the 1/4 offset, are basically flat...plus the screw hole is much smaller, basically the same size as the screw itself. Would it be easier if I took a picture and sent it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, please take a picture of it and upload it here for us to see. Thank you.
A quick learner from new york says:
Here are the pictures you requested..Note that the offset id 1/4 inch and thickness is 1/8 inch.
User submitted photos of a storm door insert clip.
Thank you! I'm glad you sent pictures, because we do not have an exact match to this. Our 70-053 is similar, but it is a flush clip. The only storm panel/screen clip I could find that may work for you was our 70-110 white aluminum clip. This has a 1/4" off set.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree with Dave, our 70-053 probably won't work. You may also want to consider our 32-325, which has a 5/16" offset.
SWISCO 32-324 & 32-325 Glass Retaining Clips
SWISCO 32-324 & 32-325 Glass Retaining Clips
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.