SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

plastic clips for a storm window panel

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace plastic clips for a storm window panel. The old clips are one inch in length and 1/8 inch thick although slightly tapered. There is a 1/4 inch right angled section that holds the window in place. Help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I would like to see a picture of the clip in question along with detailed dimensions. I don't know if we have the exact clip you want, but we might have something that could work for your storm panels.
A home owner from ny says:
Your request poses a problem. The only dimension I left out was its width (which I do not think is relevant). to my problem. Think of the letter 'L' on its long side with the long side one inch and the short side 1/4 inch.
Profile picture of Dave
Our 70-205 has a 1/4" offset, but without a picture I really do not know if this is a close match to your clip. all I know is that you need something with a 1/4" section and is plastic.
A home owner from ny says:
checked out your 70-205.. The current clips, other than the 1/4 offset, are basically flat...plus the screw hole is much smaller, basically the same size as the screw itself. Would it be easier if I took a picture and sent it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, please take a picture of it and upload it here for us to see. Thank you.
A quick learner from new york says:
Here are the pictures you requested..Note that the offset id 1/4 inch and thickness is 1/8 inch.
User submitted photos of a storm door insert clip.
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you! I'm glad you sent pictures, because we do not have an exact match to this. Our 70-053 is similar, but it is a flush clip. The only storm panel/screen clip I could find that may work for you was our 70-110 white aluminum clip. This has a 1/4" off set.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree with Dave, our 70-053 probably won't work. You may also want to consider our 32-325, which has a 5/16" offset.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)