plastic end of spiral balance

A quick learner from Trussville, AL says:
Wheeler brand window

plastic end to spiral balance
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I think you may be mistaken. Spiral balances don't often have this shoe. Unfortunately, the shoe is not available by itself so you would have to replace the whole balance if it's broken. Check out our Series 860 and see if this is a match.
A quick learner from Trussville, al says:
I believe a 36 inch part from the series 860 may work, but I don't see how I can install this. I included a picture of the casing around the spring It unscrews at top but does not come out.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Ahh, I see. This is neither a spiral balance nor a block-and-tackle balance. It is actually a channel balance. See our Series 775 for a better match. The "casing" is the channel, and is part of the balance. It is not meant to become separate from the spring. To remove it, unscrew it and pull the top down first, then twist the shoe out. I think the reason you can't remove it is because the shoe is still locking it in.
A quick learner from Trussville says:
I believe this is correct. I got the old one out. Any secrets on the best steps to get new one in?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! We actually have a guide on how to install this balance. Check it out below.
A quick learner from Alabama says:
I believe we have the correct part, we attached top first but we cannot get the foot in
Profile picture of Paul
Is the new shoe the same size as the old shoe? The Series 775 has two different sized shoes, and if you ordered one that is bigger than the old version that's likely why it can't fit.
I ordered the smallest size. Any other thoughts?
Profile picture of Paul
That doesn't seem to be the case. According to your order history, you purchased a balance with the 1-1/4" shoe. Of the two sizes we have for the Series 775 that is the larger. Are you sure you didn't need the 1" instead?
I remember why I hotvthat one. When I removed the old one it has a 35B on it. So I ordered a 35B
Profile picture of Tom
We can custom make a 35B balance with a 1" shoe for you, if that's what you need. But I would need you to confirm that you originally had a 1" shoe before we go any further.

For future reference, if you need your balance to be made a certain way but don't see the option on our site, let us know! We may be able to custom make it, or even add the option online.
Honestly my original shoe was so broken I had no idea what size I needed. I thought one inch but thought maybe it fit in there differently and I was wrong. We actually took the new shoe from the new part and changed it to the old balance because the color was different. If you could send me two one inch shoes we would be in good shape I think.
Profile picture of Tom
Color doesn't really matter for this balance shoe. Size is the most important thing to consider. Are you sure you don't have any shoes on hand that you can measure? Perhaps in an identical window elsewhere in the house? I'm hesitant to custom make a balance for you until we know for sure what you have.

If you're confident that that's what you need, check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.