plastic pivots

A home owner says:
put plastic pivots in track using video, they won't move up and down the track. why? these are all the same windows and same pivot shoes..
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's possible your pivot shoes are still locked. Turn the center cam to unlock them. If that doesn't work, let me know.
A quick learner says:
If the center cam is still locked, which way do you turn the cam to unlock it? Clockwise or Counter-clockwise? How many turns?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You only turn it 90 degrees. Think of it like a key lock for a door.
A quick learner says:
did that, both ways, still didn't work. it's like the tracks have narrowed but they shouldn't have. I may try silicone but we will see. I was going to buy the "replacement" pivots but the pictures look they are wider and deeper than the originals.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Silicone spray might work for your pivot shoe, that's a good idea. You could also consider filing down the thickness of the pivot shoe with file ever so slightly.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.