SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

please help me order these or equivalent pivots

A professional from Fairhope ,alabama, usa says:
2-1/2inches tal x 1-1/4 wide by 9/16 thick minimum at brake. Frame of pivot block is like nylon. Cast aluminum or pot metal for pivot and hanger catch for spiral style spings. Locking pad is off white or white. Your part # 15-188 & 15-178 are almost them same. Will they work? If not will you please let me know. They are single hung vinyl casement welded frame, insulated pivoting window. A single 3/8 dia. Spiral spring per side. No identifying makes custome made to size on older house.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. For pivot shoes in this style with a white break pad, we have recommended our 15-178 in the past. It is a little closer to your 9/16" thickness at 17/32". It may not seem like much of a difference, but you would be surprised. I would recommend carefully remeasuring your shoe thickness to confirm that this would be a better fit than the 1/2" thick 15-188.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)