pound in pivot bar

A home owner from Illinois says:
I am looking for replacement pivot bars that match the attached pictures. It looks like P/N 26-271 might work. Does it have a catch on top that would hold it in the frame? How far back is the catch. My picture is of the broken bar,so it did have an end with a lip.
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm not sure if the 26-271 can work based on your pictures. The shape of the body certainly looks close. Is the tip that goes into the pivot bar the same?
A quick learner from genoa,il says:
The tip that goes into the pivot bar is different. Mine are flat and are left or right specific. I thought this was the replacement and would work for either side.
Does your bar have a raised top to hold it in the frame? How far back is it?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you mean when you mention a raised back. The body of the 26-271 looks just like your first batch of pictures. The only difference I can see is in the tip. I feel like it could still fit in the shoe regardless, but if not could you possibly just file one of the horns off?
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.