problem removing 84-001 roller

A home owner from USA says:
Dear Michael,
I have an aluminum sliding insect screen that is about eight years old. It has rollers similar to your 88-001 model. Some of the roller wheels are missing. I removed the screws that lock it in from the screen side. I can see and locate the hole in the 88-001, but I can not move the spring to remove the device so I can order a replacement roller. I am seeking a way to grab the spring metal pressing and holding the device so I can remove it. Do you have any suggestions or a tool to use. I tried using a narrow ice p;sick to move the spring to no avail. Thanks. Ed
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ed. We actually have a video on how to remove this kind of roller check it out and let me know if it helps.
Once the roller is out, we could help you identify a match if you were to send us pictures of it.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.