SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

questions for part 39-005

A quick learner says:
I have three questions:
1) Does part 39-005 come in white?
2) Does the arm that drive the 3 7/8" link have an offset? The part I am trying to replace has an offset on it.
3) Is there a left and a right hand version of part 39-005.

Thanks for your help!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ralph! I'll go through each of your questions one at a time.

1) We do not have a white color option for the 39-005, but our 39-006 does come in white by standard. The 39-005 and 39-006 are interchangeable.
2) There is no offset for the arms on either the 39-005 or 39-006. It may be best if you snap a few pictures of your existing operator for us to look at.
3) There are not a left or right hand version of either the 39-006 or 39-005. They are non-handed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
A home owner from Pittsburgh says:
Tom, thanks for getting back to me. Looks like 39-006 would be the right jalousie. My only concern is with the offset. Attached are pictures to see if they help you assess if the inside of the replacent jalousie is compatible. Maybe you could send me a picture of 39-006. This is for a property I have in Puerto Rico that was built in around 1998

Many thanks
User submitted photos of a window crank.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience int his matter. That is an extreme offset! We've never seen anything like this before. I think that our 39-006 may be the closest match we have to your operator. You may also want to look at our 39-346. I'm afraid we don't have anything closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)