SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

rating of this operator

A professional from Grand Island, NE says:
What is the rating of the 39-059 operator...i.e. how many pounds of glass and framimg can it handle without stripping the gears? Are the gears metal or plastic?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I do not believe these style operators have any ratings. The gears are made of die cast metal. The problem I usually have with these types of operators is with the crank handle. Some of the crank handles are made of plastic and they can strip out if the window is hard to open. My suggestion to you if you are replacing an operator, is first to remove the broken operator, and then try to manually open and close the window with the operator still removed. Before you install the new operator lubricate the window with some type of spray lubricant similar to silicone spray. After you can open and the close the window with ease, then install the new operator. Also, use a metal crank handle. You can look on the SWISCO Web site for operators and handles to match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)