SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

rear drawer glide 1/8 by 1 5/8 socket

A home owner from PRINCE RUPERT, B.C. says:
it is plastic, white, and measures 1/8 by 1 5/8 where the slide glides on it ....it is approx. 3/16 thickwhere it screws unto the drawer....the outside of it measures 2 14/16 by 1 5/8
User submitted a photo of a drawer guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! 1-5/8" is very wide for a metal track. Usually they're around 1-1/4".

We do have our 32-123 drawer guide with an adjustable back plate that can go from 1" to 1-1/2". Do you think you could use that? You might want to double check your track width/slot opening width just in case.
A home owner from Prince Rupert says:
the slide would slip out of the 1/4 inch gap....I did measure the slide....it is 1 1/4 ...does this particular glide not exist anymore?.....it is the only one that cracked out of 8....
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if they're still made anymore. I wasn't able to find a replacement, though. You may want to consider replacing the drawer track system. Take a look at our 32-063. This is a very versatile and easy to install track kit that many handy people have used in the past. Let me know what you think.
A home owner from Prince Rupert says:
I think #32-088 from your catalog might fit...I'd like to try it...what do you think...it seems to closely match my glides dimensions.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure. Its socket width is only 1-5/16", which is still very short compared to yours. If you think you can get it to work, though, it may be worth a try. I think it's too small though.
A home owner from Prince Rupet says:
I re measured....it is 5/16.....I apologize
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)