SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

repair hardware for traco vinyl window

A handy person from johnstown pa says:
I'm looking for replacement hardware for Traco tr4200 series windows I purchased 8 windows in the spring of 1998 which I installed myself. I thought I was making a wise investment with the "lifetime" warranty.As you are probably already aware, they are out of business. the balancers broke on both sides of a lower sash. When they sprung up, they broke the tilt latches on both sides. I got the sash out and have the pieces . I've looked through your parts and see similar items but not positive they are correct replacements. I was wandering in you have access to any cross reference part numbers. If not, I will try and get measurements and send them along with pictures if that will help.I would like to order extra pieces if I'm sure they are the correct parts. With 8 windows I'm pretty sure this will happen again. Thanks for helping

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Yes, the best way to be sure you're ordering the correct replacement balances is to submit photos of your balances so we can take a look. Be sure to include photos of your balance attachments and any markings you may find on the balance(s). We will also need the length of your balance(s), channel portion only.
A handy person from johnstown pa says:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The distributor where I purchased the windows was also searching. They found the tilt latches which seem like 26-292&293. they were made by Prime-line, part number F-2734. I was wandering if this part number could be used for cross reference. The balances are constant force. The S-180 series are what I have. I will be ordering several of these so I have some spares, but I would also like to order some spare latches but want to be sure they are the right ones. Thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Yes, it appears the Swisco 26-292 Top Tilt Latch, LH and the 26-293 Top Tilt Latch, RH would be a good replacement.

UPDATE: the 26-293 and 26-292, top tilt latches have been Discontinued. The direct substitute for these latches are SWISCO product codes 26-390 and 26-391.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)