SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

repairing '85 wooden windows

A home owner from kingston springs tn says:
photo 1 is between and seals top and bottom sashes and pushes into the groove horizontally on the inside bottom rail of top sash. I didn't see a profile likeness on your site. It measures 1/4" depth of insert(which is at right angle); total height is 3/4". I have no idea of the make of these dbl. hung windows. photo 3 is a sash profile in case you might identify a make-no ID stickers...

2nd issue: can I use a 1/2 flexscreen in storm window frame (see pic 2)

can you assist me?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I hope I can! Start by looking at our 20-016 tilt pin. That might work as a replacement for your older window sash pin. As for the meeting rail weather strip, I'm wondering if one of our leaf seals can work. Start by looking at our look at 55-169 or 55-170, as well as the other leaf seals we carry. Finally, concerning the the FlexScreen, you show a track from the window, but I'm not sure where you could install the screen. I think at the end of the day it would depend on how wide your tracks are. The FlexScreen frame is around 5/16" thick. See the FlexScreen home page for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)