SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replaceing 1' T lock

A home owner from New Orleans says:
Hi,

the t-lock balance shoe 15-194 looks just like what I need. It broke off in the channel.

Can you please tell me how to replace it with the new one.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Certainly! Replacing these shoes is very simple. They simply pop on. All you have to do is take the old one out and then pop the new one in.
Thanks so much. I will be ordering them today.

Do you think I should replace both sides???

Please advise.
Profile picture of Tom
We do recommend replacing both sides at the same time, so that there isn't too much strain placed on one shoe. But it's up to you. Give the other shoe a thorough check and see how worn it is.
I forgot to asked one more question. I know the
t lock is broken, but is there a chance the the balance is also, because I heard a spring noise when I raised the window and then it wouldn't stay up. If so do you sell the complete set all into one with the balance and t lock attached. If so, what is the item number. To be on the safe side I would just purchase 2 of them and change both sides.
Profile picture of Tom
If your windows won't stay up, then it's possible you need to replace the balances, yes.

I can't say for sure exactly what Series you have, but our 15-194 is commonly used with our Series 795 channel balance. Does this look like a good match to you? Again, I cannot confirm, but you should carefully compare it to your existing hardware and see what you think.

Also keep in mind that the Series 795 comes with a shoe that is larger than the 15-194 by default. You would have to get the 15-194 separately and swap them out after you receive them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)