replacement balance 2740

A quick learner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
I need to get two replacement balances for my AlenCo Window. I've attached four photos for your review. It has part 2740 stamped on it. The metal piece measures 28 inches. Do you have a replacement for this balance? Thanks,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Take a look at our 15-001 shoe. I think this looks pretty close to your existing shoe, but I'm not sure. What do you think? Does your shoe share its 1-1/8" depth?

If the 15-001 is the correct shoe, check out S395-28 with the option 2740.

Now that that's out of the way, let's look at that top sash guide. I think you might want to consider our 18-174. This looks very similar, but same with the balance shoe above, carefully compare its dimensions to your original hardware and see how they match up.
A quick learner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
Yes, the 15-001 shoe is correct. The 18-174 is also correct. Will the 18-174 piece be pre assembled into the balance? My old ones fell apart before I could see how this piece fits with the balance. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, the 18-174 is a separate piece all together. It isn't attached to the balance. Rather, it screws onto your sash and acts as an end cap for either side of the top of the sash, right on the corners.
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.