SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement balances

A home owner from Denver Colorado says:
Hello,

I need two replacement balances for two different windows. One of the balances measures 15 inches long and the other measures 27 inches long. They are both 1/2" wide balances. I only need one "side" for each length but if they should be purchased in a set that is fine with me. I have also attached a picture of the existing balances.

The 27 inch balance has an imprinted stamp of 2630. The 15 inch balance has a printed marking of "14 3 GQ Caldwell".

Is this enough information with which to place an order? Thank you.
User submitted photo of their channel balances.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Your sizes and stamps look good but I cannot determine the series you need from your picture. It looks like our S380 replacement balance series but I am not certain without seeing close up photos of the attachments of both ends of the balance. Take a look at the S380 balance and see if the fittings match yours. The S380 balance is made up of the 15-005 shoe and the 19-005 top.

If you agree that you have the S380 series balance order S380-27 with the 2630 option and the S380-15 with the 1430 option.

You can purchase just one balance but I recommend replacing both balances in your window so that both balances have equal strength.
Is this closeup picture of the top(s) and shoe(s) clear enough to help zero in on the exact series they belong to?
User submitted photo of their balance attachments.
Hello. Can you tell from the attached pictures what type of Top and Shoe hardware my balances have? I am needing to replace 2 sets of balances for 2 different windows in my home. And since I would completely replace existing sets, does it not really matter all that much that I match everything EXACTLY to the existing balances that will get removed anyway? In other words, will any type(s) of top and shoe hardware work as long as I get the channel type (mostly likely the S380) and length correct?

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I do not believe it is our S380 because your channel balance shoe does not have wings. I believe you have our 19-005 top and 15-002 shoe. Please take a look at those two parts and confirm that they do match up to your channel balance.

If those two parts do match, fill out these two forms to receive a custom balance quote.

27" channel balance with the option 2630

15" channel balance with the option 1430
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)