SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement balances for 29-9 CMC BA 9

A home owner from Clearwater says:
I saw another post that recommended a series 385 to replace my channel but the shoe is slightly different so I wanted to confirm. My sash weighs 33 pounds and the length of the channel is 30". I was going to go with the series 385 with the 2960 option. Can you look at the pic of the shoe I have and confirm the 385 will be ok? Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from Clearwater says:
Upon closer investigation of the top and shoe and comparing them with the dimensions on your website I believe I have a 19-005 Top and a 15-002 shoe. This does not appear to be the combination that makes up any of your balances. Could I make a 15-005 shoe work which has the same dimensions but adds the wings? I believe that would be a Series 380. Thoughts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We can actually make that for you. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A quick learner from Clearwater, FL says:
I looked at the Custom Form you started for me and I have a question. In the channel information you had a length of 28" and the balance stamp of 2960. I assume this is based on the 29-9 CMC BA 9 number I provided from the channel. While I understand the 2960 based on the weight of the sash, the current channel is 30" not 28". Should I change this information on the form or is your design different that I should leave it at 28"? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry! That was a typo on my part. Yes, I intended to have the length be 30" like you stated. I have fixed the form so that it now shows the correct length. Thanks for catching that!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)