SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement balances for anderson windows

A quick learner from Broomall, PA says:
The only identifying number I see on my anderson windows that need to have the balances replaced is 86/1. How do I know what balance is the replacement without taking the entire window apart to look
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you give us the height and width of the visible glass, we could try to work something out, but our suggestion wouldn't be as reliable as it would if we knew what stamps were printed on the balance itself. I cannot guarantee that anything we suggest in that instance would work for you.
A quick learner from Broomall says:
I have two sets of all wood Anderson windows that I am trying to replace the balances on and need help identifying the correct balance. The first visible glass measurements are 36 x 24 and the second set is 24 x 20
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. For the 36" x 24" sash, you should consider our 24-1033 balance. For the 24" x 20" sash, see our 24-737. Like Tom said, we cannot guarantee that these will work, but they are our best guess.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)