SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement crank handle

A quick learner from illinois says:
This is the handle I need
User submitted photos of an operator crank handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say. Your handle is missing the most important detail, which is the spline. Do you still have that on hand? It's the part that allows the handle to plug into the operator. I will need to see it before I can recommend something. I will also need to know its size.
Sent other pics and you needed spline
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! That little plastic bit is the part I want to see. It's not supposed to come off of the handle, you see; when the handle came off, that was supposed to come with it. The best way to determine what you have is to pop that off and show me the hole. I will also need you to measure the size of that hole. Thanks!
Looks like 1/2 inch or notch before that
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Perfect! Looking at your last photo I believe the folding handle you are looking for is the 39-205 with a 11/32" spline groove. Check it out and compare.
A quick learner from Bolton says:

Dear Tom,

Would you please tell me how to remove "the little plastic bit" (you mentioned it in your Response on October 31, 2014) from the shaft so that I will be able to install the new Crank Handle 39-205 which I had just ordered from Swisco.

Please see the attached pictures.

Thank you very much.

Joseph
Profile picture of Dave
There should be a small set screw which holds this part to the operator. Some handles also just push on, but I believe that most--if not all--fold down type handles use a set screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)