SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement door handle

A home owner from Lake Saint Louis, Missouri says:
The inside door handle on my sliding glass door is cracking and about to break off. The door is all white and the only identifying sticker I found on it has the following information:

Series 995. AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97. SGD-R20-95 x 79. AAMA certification program. Mfr code MTL-2.

Can you tell me if you have a replacement handle?
A customer submitted photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Before I can recommend any replacement handles, can you please tell me what the distance between the two screw holes are, center-to-center?
A quick learner says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I had to run to Lowe's yesterday for some other things and they actually had one that fit, so I am good to go. I do appreciate your help though. Have a great week.
A quick learner from Greensboro, NC says:
Hey Dave I have the exact same problem. From top screw to bottom screw looks like about 4 inches center to center. Can I still get a replacement handle if so how? Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-069 and see if this is a possible match. Double check your hole spacing to make sure they aren't more like 3-15/16".
A quick learner from Greensboro NC says:
That was definitely it, as was your dimensions just needed to re-measure. Thanks for the help glad to finally have this issue off the list!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)