SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement for a spiral balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
I am looking to replace a spiral balance on 2 windows. The windows were custom made about 5 years ago, but the company is no longer in business.

I was hoping you had the replacement.

There is a stencil on the spiral balance that says "31-44 GD, Ultra-Lift", seen on attached picture "Closeup 4 Attachment hardware".

Also "Closeup 2 Attachment hardware" shows the opposite end of the rod and the hardware.

I also included other shots to help with part identification.

I look forward to your response.

Larry
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Larry. Before we can offer an applicable replacement, can you first tell me what the length and diameter of your spiral balance tubes are?
A quick learner from Florida says:
Sorry about the lack of information.
I attached another photo showing the total length of the tube is 31 1/2 inches. The total length to the end of the interior hardware is 33".

The diameter of the tube is 10/16" and the tube is white, although I could paint it if you don't offer that color.

Larry
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Larry, thanks for getting back to us. I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)