SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement handle for OP06-1520

A home owner from Oakland, CA says:
I think this is a Roto brand handle. The spline is 5/16" across with 12 teeth on the spline. Do you have a folding handle replacement that is compatible?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the size of your spline? I think it should be 11/32", based on the style of your handle and operator. Please double check. If so, I recommend our 39-205.
I just measured again... the male spline coming out of the operator is 5/16" across the outside circumference of the spline teeth -- definitely not 11/32". I could imagine that the female opening of the handle would be very slightly larger (such as 11/32") than the male measurement on the spline, but I don't know enough about how these measurements are defined and how tight the tolerances are supposed to be. Please advise.
One additional thought... it appears from the pictures on 39-205 that the handle accepts a hex shape and not a 12-teeth spline that ours has. Is that correct or is the image just too dark to show the teeth-spline shape of the female opening in that handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 39-205 is not hex. It is meant to work with the same kind of spline that you have. We only have one handle with a 5/16" spline and that is our 39-274. I don't think this will work for you. I highly recommend measuring the hole on the handle I see in your first picture rather than the male part of the operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)