SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement handle for storm door

A handy person from Wayzata, MN says:
I hope you can help a transplanted NJ guy in MN. I need help trying to find a replacement for the door knob for our storm door. The door is 1 1/8" thick, and the screws that hold the inside/outside parts are 3" apart. I can send a picture of the door with the knob removed if that helps. We would like to find a polished brass door opener. Ideally there will be a backplate as well.

Thanks in advance.

Tate
User submitted photos of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't have the same exact lock that you're showing in your pictures. However, take a look at our 40-058, 40-152 and 40-160 and see if you could get one of these to work. The hole centers are 1-3/4" for the lock.
A quick learner from Wayzata, MN says:
Thanks very much for your suggestions. I've attached a picture of the door with holes that are 3" apart. The 1 3/4" sets don't fit and would require filling the current holes. Is there any way to find 3" replacement?
Thanks!
Tate Preston
User submitted a photo of door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Look at 40-042 and 40-149. These have a 3" hole spacing. Would they be better?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)