SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement key lock handle for patio door

A home owner from Oakland, MD says:
Hi,
I have a Kinro series 1600 5 GD glass patio sliding door. I neeed to replace the whole handle with lock unit. could you please tell me which item i need to order?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Can you submit a couple pictures of your existing handle set.
here are some pics of inside front , outsde front, the side and complete view.
User submitted photo of patio door handle.
Profile picture of Mike
Thank you for submitting your photos.

Can you give us the screw hole center to screw hole center distance?
screw hole center to screw hole center distance is
3 7/8
Profile picture of Mike
Have you taken a look at the 82-031 Patio Door Handle Set?
i know this is gonna sound like a crazy question however the measyrements on those holes is different then what are current one measures. I really like this handle you sent pic of but its also kinda pricey. do you have anything closely related that doesnt cost as much?
Profile picture of Mike
You may want to double-check your measurements just in case. The 3 15/16" is the closest one we have to 3 7/8".

You can take a look at our Patio Glass Door Replacement Locking Handles section.
A home owner from Oakland, Md says:
Hi Mike,
After looking at the rest of the replacement locking handles I decided I think we are gonna go with your suggestion 82-034. my next queation is do I also need to purchase the mortise lock # 82-226 in order for this to work. or does all parts come in the set im going to purchase? Is there anything else that i would need to get this fixed?
Thank you
Profile picture of Mike
Take a look at the 82-031 Patio Glass Door Handle. You'll see there are three mortise that correspond with the 82-031 Door Handle; they are the 82-214, 82-211, and the 82-218.

Be sure to measure the width of your mortise lock, as you'll notice the 82-214 is 7/8" wide, and the 82-211 is 3/4" wide. On the other hand, the 82-218 is a round face mortise lock.
A home owner from Oakland MD says:
I need a whole patio glass handle with lock.
Profile picture of Mike
You'll want to compare the measurements of your existing mortise lock to the ones shown online. If you're heaving trouble identifying the appropriate one online, you can always submit a few photos for us to take a look.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)