SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement latch set for pgt sgd-70

A handy person from florida says:
pgt sgd-70 latch set I cannot locate a latch set that will replace my original. the problem is that the door thickness is 1 5/8 inches all the replacements seem to be for 1" or 1 1/4" door thickness you don't specify the door thickness on your web site. Where can I find one? this is a sliding patio door with hurricane glass
A handy person from florida says:
Here are some photos
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that this lock set, which is for 1-5/8" thick doors, is discontinued and no longer available. I believe it was used by "Acorn" manufacturing. If you still have your original lock, you might be able to reuse the existing hook/tooth and screws and use them in our 82-002K. If not, you could try to use a surface-mounted lock like the 82-005. You might need to make up a face plate if the cut out in your door is too long.
A professional from California says:
We don't have doors that thick in California, but as Dave said, judging by the picture it looks like there is a spacer under the tooth that should work the same in the replacement. I suspect that the spacer is the only difference.(aside from color) You should be able to verify this before ordering. Let us know if this is the case.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)