SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement lock for Kolbe Door

A home owner from Negaunee, MI says:
I am looking for a replacement lock for a Kolbe & Kolbe sliding patio door. It is the insert piece that is on the sliding door itself. The spring that move the locking mechanism is broken and I would like the replace this piece. Is this some that you your company stocks? Thank you for your response. Liisa
A user submited photo of patio lock
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Lisa. We should be able to help you find this. But first, can you give me this part's dimensions? I will especially need to know the distance between the outer two screw hole centers.

In the meantime, make sure to take a look through our Patio Glass Door Replacement Internal Lock Section and see if you can find anything here that matches your hardware. Let me know what you find!
A home owner from Negaun says:
The Dimensions are 6-1/8" X 13/16" and the portion that inserts into the wooden door measures 3-1/4" X 1/2" X 1" deep. The distance between the two outer screw holes is 4-3/4" inches. Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you. I recommend that you take a look at our 82-226 Mortise Lock, whose outer holes measure 4-5/8". It also looks very similar to your sample. Do you think you can use this hardware?
A home owner from Negaunee, MI says:
Awesome! Thank you. That looks like it will work perfectly. I just placed the order. Thank you very much for your quick assistance. I appreciate it. Lisa
Profile picture of Dave
It was my pleasure, Lisa! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)