SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement locking mechanism on the glass sliding door

A quick learner from USA says:
I purchased product number 81-095 and it was perfect. Now I need to replace the locking mechanism on the glass sliding door that 81-095 works with. Is there any way to know what locking product will be the correct one? This is for my house in the Caribbean and I am currently in the US and do not have access to taking a photo.Would/could it help at all knowing the following information? The door is an American Craftsman stock sliding patio door model 5500. Let me know if this information leads to the correct replacement locking system.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There are a lot of possibilities, I'm afraid, so there's no way to know for sure. That said, other customers have used our 82-035 as a replacement handle set for their American Craftsman 5500 door in the past. You could look at that and see if it's familiar, but otherwise the only way to confirm is to use your old handle as reference.
A home owner from Utila - Bay Islands - Honduras says:
Thank you for that information. Now I'd like to know what track could I purchase for replacement. The door uses 81-095 adjustable tandem rollers. So what track would work with that. My house is on the sea, and there is a lot of sea spray causing corrosion in a shorter period of time than is normal. I appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Replacement patio door tracks depend as much on the frame as the roller, so it's still hard to say. See our 80-105 or 80-106 to start. We also carry three stainless steel track covers that may interest you. See our 80-102, 80-103, and 80-100, as well as the video below.
A quick learner from San Diego says:
Thought I'd try one more time. I have received pictures [attached] of my sliding door in the Caribbean. I still need to identify the correct door handle set to purchase. Will these pictures be able to have you assist me? I look forward to your reply. Thank you, Victoria
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. Please see our 82-243 mortise lock, 82-069 handle set, and 91-095 roller.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)