SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement lockset

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
I am looking to replace broken handles and/or plates on my metal security door ( or complete lockset if necessary ) mounting holes on lockset are 8 3/4" apart with a 1" backset. The only set I found is for an atrium door with a 1 3/4" backset. The door is metal the distance for the lock mortise is fixed due to the size of the cutout. I am hoping to find a handleset and plates that will work with my lockset The handle plates are 8 1/2" x 1 1/2" and the spacing between the handles and the deadbolt lock is 3 1/2" I am sending pics to the address above my set is green
Thanks
Greg
User submitted a photo of a door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The closest handle set I could find is the 40-195. It does have that 1" back set, but it's not quite as long as your handle set. The mortise latch face plate is also 1" wide, so I'm not sure if you have the width at the edge of the door. See if you could adapt this to your door. I'm honestly not sure if it can work. I'm sorry we couldn't recommend something closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)