SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement mortise and sliding door handle

A quick learner from Puyallup, WA says:
1. Unfortunately the handle and mortise were removed by someone else so I have no pics to send. I know the door has SGD R20 on the remaining label and that it is the original sliding door from when the place was built in 1978.

Someone also tried to install another handle and drilled additional holes. The mortise from the hardware store did not work because it did not sit far enough back to insert a lock into the slot of the mortise. So i am looking for a mortise wider than normal. Then the handle should have the lock actuator that is not mid handle but closer to the bottom end of the lock. Tell me what measurements you need and i will provide with a picture of the door.

Thank you
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The most important measurements to start with are the distance between the original installation holes, measured center-to-center. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say yours would probably be 3-15/16" apart. If so, look over our 82-069. This is a very simple to install handle that can work on a variety of doors. Just by eyeballing your mortise lock's hole, I would also recommend our 82-218 and 89-021D keeper. Look at the videos associated on the right side of this page for further information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)