SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts for certainteed double hung windows

A home owner from Hawaii says:
I need 3 coils for certainteed double hung windows. the double coil constant force balance system that I have has two coils attached to each other and in three of my windows the lower coil has broken. Can I buy new coils for them? the part says SA 407 on it. I also need some other parts as well. I will need a right and left pivot bar I think the part they use now is called DHPB-85 and I will also need 3 right and 3 left DHTL-52 tilt latches.

Please let me know if you have those parts.

thanks,
Russell
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Russell. We may be able to replace this hardware, yes. First, I will need to see a few pictures of the pivot shoes that your coil springs attach to. I will also need to know the thickness and width of the shoes in question, as that is the most important measurement. Once we have identified the shoe, we should be able to work from there.
A home owner from Hawaii says:
The shoe is 1 3/8". wide and 7/8" thick. I attached some pictures.
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. The shoe looks a lot like our 15-192. Do you agree? If so, you should also look at our Series 170 and Series 171 springs.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)