SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts for faulty double glazed windows

A landlord from london E1 6EA says:
Dear Sir
I attach photos of the type of double glazing we have. The windows felt heavy and so we took them apart and found that two parts needed replacing. I attach photos and wonder if you are able to supply them. Thanks for your help.There does not seem to be a manufacturer's name on the windows which does not help things!

Yours faithfully
Lucinda
User submitted photo of window pivot bar.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the photos, Lucinda! Right off the bat I can recommend that you look at our 26-108 and 26-109 Pivot Bars, for both the left and the right, respectively.

As for the small roller piece, it looks to be part of a window balance. Unfortunately, you would need to replace the entire balance.

If you can, please remove them from your window and take a picture of them separately so that we may identify what you need. We will need pictures of both ends of the balance, as well as any stamps or markings. We will also need the length of the metal portion of the balance.
Dear Donna

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I am already hopeful that Swisco may be able to supply all if not some of the parts which is amazing. I will report back to you as soon as I have photographed the ends of the balance as requested.

Best wishes
Lucinda
Dear Donna

I have now taken the photos of both ends of the balance you wanted which are now attached.There is a stamped number 2810 on the back of the channel and the length of the channel itself is 29 inches. Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Best wishes
Lucinda
A customer submitted photo of a channel balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the pictures, they were very helpful. This type of balance appears to be a Series 785, which will require us to make you a custom balance. To get started, please fill out this Custom Balance Order Form, and one of our representatives will be in contact with you regarding your new order.
Dear Paul
I have sent off my customer balance order form to get some idea of prices. Can you confirm however that the two pivot bars are obtainable 26-108/26-109 stock items but that the small pulley is not obtainable as a spare part on it's own and that is why you have to make the entire channel up? I only ask as everything else works fine in the channel in question except for this small pulley I sent a photo of. Many thanks for your clarification.
Best wishes
Lucinda
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the pulley is not obtainable as as spare part on its own. The only way to replace such a piece is to replace the entire balance itself.
Dear Paul

Thank you for clarification. I will wait to hear back how much one balance containing the pulley costs plus the two L and R pivot bars plus shipping costs.

Many thanks.

Best wishes
Lucinda
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)