SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts for milgard window

A home owner from kapaau, hawaii says:
hi - we purchased a house with milgard window parts rusted out. need hinge like piece to open and close. see photo. each long straight piece is about 11 3/4"; shorter curved piece about 4". also need hardware to fit into window casing, little sliders. need 7 units.
thanks!
alan
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Alan. We should be able to help. Start by looking at our 39-329 awning window operator and 39-536 slide. Compare them to your own hardware to confirm that they will work.
A home owner from Kapaau, Hawaii says:
Hi Dave,

Good call! The 39-329 awning window operator and 39-536 slide are a match.

I still need an awning track. The one recommended on your site it 39-556 16" x 5/8". The one I am replacing is 18" x 11/16". Can you find that for me?

Thanks, Alan
Profile picture of Dave
I've been looking for the length you've requested, but I'm told that ours is the only track available for this operator and pivot shoe. It could be that yours is an earlier version and is no longer available. You could still try to use ours. The worst case scenario would be, I imagine, that it wouldn't be able to open up as far by a few inches.
Thanks again Dave for your prompt response and info. We are getting closer. Upon further examination, I see there is a slider at the bottom of the awning window that is indeed 16", which we will need. The 18" piece I was referring to is similar. This one goes vertically, one on each side of the window frame. Is that a different kind of piece? We will also need the struts that connect the awning window to the frame on each side, about 8" each. Could you identify them please? Thanks, Alan
Profile picture of Dave
Ah, I see. It sounds like you need the hinges that go on the sides of the sash. I don't know if we have 18" in stock, but we will need to see which type of hinge you have before we can confirm. Please send us some photos of the hinge with dimensions.
Hi Dave, Thanks for follow up. 2 pics attached. Let me know if you need any more info. Alan
User submitted photos of a window operator.
missed one pic last time
Profile picture of Dave
Great thank you! Take a look at our new 36-013-18 hinge set. I think this could replace what you are currently using.
Thanks again, Dave. I'll start ordering and get going on the replacement. I appreciate all of your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)