SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts for single hung 2000 series windows

A quick learner from Naples, FL says:
I need 4 of the( 01/3 ) unique 27-B- 20 counter balance complete arms also 4 boottom brackets that hold the string lock in place plus 4 magnets including outside white plastic cases ( maybe one unit? ). What part numbers do I order and how long for shipment to Naples, FL?

Mike
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Mike. I'm not sure exactly what kind of hardware you need based on your description. Could I see a few pictures of the balances and brackets in question? If possible, please show us the hardware removed from the window so we can clearly see them. Thanks!
A quick learner from Naples, FL says:
Forget about the magnets those are part of plantation shutters but I still need to order correct parts for 2 windows; Milestone single hung series 2000. I believe the counter balance part is (01/3) unique 27-B- 20 which connect into bottom bracket that connects counter balance and window. What are the part numbers?

Ref# D50499
Profile picture of Paul
I'm still not certain. It could be our Series 770 channel balance and 15-129 shoe, but this is just an educated guess. Without pictures we cannot say for certain what you have.
A quick learner from Naples FL says:
Sent other pictures several days ago, but not sure if they got thru... trying again
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. This appears similar to our S770-28 channel balance. I also recommend our 28B stamp option, which can carry a sash weight of 12 through 18 pounds.
A quick learner from Naples FL says:
Almost there.. a few questions... Per your recommendation, looks like we need the S770-28B, do we order the the pivot shoe separately if so which one 15-129 or 15-178? Do we need to order separately the 15-129 Pivot shoes? Would you recommend also order the "special tool" 75005 charing tool? Are any other parts required as I would like to place this order ASAP?

Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, the pivot shoe is ordered separately. Our 15-129 is what is usually used with the Series 770 but you also mention 15-178. You will need to compare dimensions to confirm which is a better match. keep in mind that you only need to replace the shoes if they are broken; if they still work, you can probably just reuse them.

You can use our 75-005 tool or use a pair of needle nose pliers to install the balance to the shoe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)