SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts for windows.

A handy person from Rochester, MN. says:
There are two different parts I'm looking for. The previous maintenance supervisor ordered parts 15-146 & 15-147 from you 4/2014. Our facilities are listed under Center City Housing in Rochester, Mn. The parts I'm looking for now are for the same type of windows that the previous parts were ordered for. I have included pictures of the parts I need. The parts are the plastic covers for the 15-147 coil springs, that were ordered last. The second parts are the metal studs that are located at the top left and right corners of each window. These studs insert into the part that slides the window up and down in the window frame tracks.
I am looking to purchase up to 20 of each part. I can be reached through my email.
I appreciate your timely efforts in locating these parts.
Kent
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The pivot bar resembles our 26-030, but I'm not sure how well the dimensions match up. See what you think. As for the coil balance hardware, could you show me a picture of the pivot shoe? that will help us find something.
A handy person from Rochester, MN says:
Hi Tom,
I've included a picture of the part I believe you wanted. As far as the pivot bar I discovered a box of appox 15 of them. So for now I'm just looking for the plastic (spring assembly) covers. If you need any additional info let me know.
Thanks,
Kent
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, thank you! That pivot shoe looks like our 15-177, which uses Series 152 coil spring and 15-147 cover.
Sounds good. Since I took over the maintenance position, and haven't ordered items before. Do I contact your Customer Service rep and give them the 15-177 number and place the order? Do they come in a variety of quantities? There appears to be two different pivot shoes(top & bottom). Do they come as a package or are they ordered separately? If you can let me know asap I have a window that I cant repair until I have all the parts.
Thanks,
Kent
Profile picture of Tom
All the parts we recommended are sold separately. Keep in mind you only need to replace what's broken; if any part is still working, there's no reason you can't re-use it. As for placing your order, you can do so whenever you wish directly from our site. You can also call in. Whichever is easier for you. We have no minimum purchase quantity on any of our parts; you can order as little as just one piece, if you wish.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have two different pivot shoes. Can you go into more detail?
The plastic piece in the first picture is one of two that cover the top and bottom springs. Both parts are the same except one (as in the picture at the top)has a piece at the top that sticks out toward you. The other similar part is the same except it has sides that connect to the top, so the bottom is the only portion of the part that's open. almost like an upside down U.
Profile picture of Tom
It sounds like you're just describing the cover. Our Series 152 uses the 15-147. It's a different style than what you have now, but it should still work. This also uses the 15-145 bushing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)