SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement parts needed

A quick learner from Salt Lake City says:
Hi! I am purchasing a house with Alumax casement windows. A good number have broken tilt latches (1 or both prongs missing). A few have broken locks as well. Do you carry these parts in almond? Is it easy to replace the tilt latches if the prong is broken in the open of the window? Thanks for your help. AP
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help, yes. I'm not sure exactly what tilt latch thumb lever you need, but you can see our entire section here. Keep in mind the most important measurement is the size of the forks. See if any of ours match up to your dimensions.

As for the lock, we should be able to replace this, but it would again depend on your dimensions. Could you tell me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center?
A quick learner says:
Hi! In reply, I think your part 26-234 tilt latch actuator will work. Does it come in almond (or beige)?

On the lock, the distance is 2 1/4" center to center.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I'm afraid the 26-234 is not available in alternate colors at this time, but it could be painted. As for the lock, see our 90-173.
A quick learner says:
Thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)