SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement pivot bars and cams

A quick learner from Houston, TX says:
We have Simonton prism vinyl double hung windows, about 7 years old. Window, by window, the pivot bars? are breaking. It looks like maybe the plastic is just deteriorating through age. Every so often I have trouble tilting out a window, and in trying to readjust the window, the plastic piece, which I assume is the bar, and the cam fall out.

I see a ton of videos for replacing different parts, but not for this. The windows are under warranty but not for labor and it is $75 each trip for the guy to come out and replace one pivot bar at a time. I am going to be 75 dollared to death! I see similar pieces on your website but not exactly what I am looking for so I am sending a picture.

I think the other half of the plastic piece is still up in the track. My husband is a quick learner, just doesn't have time to mess with it, but if I tell him we can get the parts and the instructions on how, he would be able to do it.

Thanks for your help! The plastic piece is 1.5" high and 7/8" wide. Oh, the 15-192 looks very close, but not sure if they would work with the Simonton window.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This type of hardware is actually known as a Pivot Lock Shoe. Yours appears to resemble our 15-155 CertainTeed Pivot Shoe, but it's hard to say for sure without seeing an undamaged shoe. Please compare the 15-155 to your existing hardware and see if you think it will match.

We actually do have instructions on how to uninstall a pivot shoe. Please see our tutorial video below.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)