SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement rollers for sliding glass door

A home owner from Arlington, Texas says:
I need to replace the rollers on my sliding glass door but I am having trouble locating the right rollers. The dimensions are 1" high by 1 1/2" long by 3/4" wide. Can you help me find these please? I have looked online and in stores and cannot find the right dimensions.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting and sending us some pictures!

Before we get started, can you tell us if that is the complete roller assembly? I'm asking this because oftentimes there may still be a second part to the roller that is still stuck in the door frame. Confirming whether or not this is a complete assembly will help us identify a possible replacement.
A home owner from Arlington, Texas says:
Yes that is the complete roller assembly.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. This presents a few problems, then. We do not have this exact roller and I'm not sure what can work in our catalog. We have looked over a few and have some ideas, but there are no guarantees they can work.

See our 81-007, whose height is 1" and has a cut out at the top like yours. The width is also a heavy 3/4", with the flares. However, you would need to cut out notches in the door for the locking clips on the roller housing. Our 81-008 is another possibility, but again, it may not work. You may want to contact a local handy person to help you with this project. They may be able to retro fit one of these rollers to work in your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)