SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alcan Glazing Seal

A quick learner from FL says:
attached is a photo of what I'll call the vinyl glass stop or glazing seal. Is this something you stock in white? Windows have the name Alcan on it. I am in a condo in central FL, built in 1992 if that helps.
A customer submitted photo of weatherseal.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting on our discussion board.

We have been researching a few samples. Can you give us the length of each of your different flanges (the pieces extended from the main portion of the glazing)?

Measurements would help us narrow down a few options.
A handy person from Lakeland, Florida says:
Hi Paul,

I have a houseful of Alcan windows with vinyl snap-in glazing that is brittle and breaking up. I didn't see my profile in your catalog, would you take a look and see if you can help me find a usable replacement?
Thank you, LloydB
User submitted picture of Alcan snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Lloyd, can you give us a few measurements of your snap-in so we can help you identify a replacement?
A home owner from Bonita Springs, FL says:
A homeowner from Ponce Inlet, FL posted a picture on August 11, 2011 of the clips he needed for an Alcan window. I need the plastic strips that go around the window, the strip that the clips are inserted into. Are those strips available?

Thanks.
User submitted picture of snap-in glazing strips for Alcan windows.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you all for your continued patience on this matter. We are currently working on acquiring a possible replacement for this snap-in glazing. We will post again in this thread as soon as we have more information available for you to view.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 55-092, White Snap-In Glazing.
Do you think this could work?
A home owner from Jupiter, FL says:
I am trying to find replacement vinyl glazing strips for my 21 year old Alcan aluminum windows. Your 55-092 looks similar, but is just a bit smaller and missing one edge on the "anchor" surface compared to the original. I see that many other people have asked if this product will fit, and have sent in photos and dimensions. I do not see where you have replied with a solution. Please advise.
A user submited photo of window glazing
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread concerning the Alcan weatherseal. As you can see, we believe that our 55-092 Snap-In Glazing could be a possible replacement. Please take a look and tell me if you think it would work for you.
A home owner from Bonita Springs Florida says:
Can you tell me if this product was used by this person successfully? I have the same profile of trim in a 1992 condo in Florida, and need to replace my Alcan weatherseal. If it did, how soon can I get the trim pieces? Can I get overnight shipping etc. Thanks, Steven
A contractor from florida says:
I am looking for this glazing strip also. Has 55092 worked for anyone yet. I do not want to get it if it does not work.
A home owner from venice florida says:
I too have Alcan windows that need plastic glazing replaced due to brittle and breaking. I have read many discussions on this site, however no one has posted any resolutions. Does anyone know if the SWISCO part number 55-092 is an adequate replacement glazing for these Alcan windows? If not, has anyone found a supplier that does sell the correct window glazing? Thanks for any input....Jeff
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)