SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement wheels for GRANT drawer slides pat no 4006945

A home owner from Oregon says:
I have 32 year old Overton oak kitchen cabinets and drawers that a wheel has broken. The stamp on the slide is GRANT Pat No 4006945. It looks a lot like your 32-097 part but the measurements are a little different. They are 7/8 " dia. white plastic flat wheel outside measurement and 1/4" flat round wheel. Could that be wear?
How does your part 32-097 attach to the slide? As you can see from the photo, there is a piece of metal that is rectangular and slides into a notch in the metal allowing it "become part of the slide". This holds it into place.
Please tell me if this or any other part you have might work in my case. There are 4 of these per drawer and I have 25 drawers in the house all from the same maker.

Hopefully, 138 and 140 will show you the way the rectangle metal piece that holds the wheel "fits" into the slide. The other photos should show the part in question.
Thank you so much for your help!!!!
User submitted photos of drawer rollers.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not carry this type of wheel by itself. You may want to consider replacing the whole track. Check out our selection of self-closing drawer tracks and see if any of these could work for you.
A home owner from Oregon says:
I am renewing my search. You mentioned that I should look at some of the other hardware and that I might consider a self-closing drawer.
I took two other drawers in the same bank of drawers out tonight. I can not get the broken one to come out. It appears to be withought the roller on the side that broke and is tilting downward.
My question is this. Are there any drawer slides that mount on the back of the cabinet? Part of the problem, I see is that these mount on one side piece of wood in hte front and all the way to the back of the cabinet in the back. similar to a short L. Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you have room on the bottom, you could possibly use our 32-062. Check out the video below to see how its installed.
A home owner from Queens, NY says:
So Oregon homeowner, what did you end up using? I have the same problem right now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)