replacement window lock

A quick learner from ohio says:
window manufacturer is unknown
replacement window lock
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I believe you need either 90-005 or 90-009, depending on the style of the tongue. Take a look and let me know which one, if either, might be a match.
A quick learner from ohio says:
It would appear product code 90-009 is the correct window lock. the locking latch fits into a groove at the bottom of the upper window. (See attached pictures). It would also appear the groove is stripped or non-functioning in that it will not allow the lock to attach. My thought was to purchase keeper shims, product code 90-058 to attach to the upper windows, however, due to the design, I cannot use screws to attach the keeper ship as it would pierce the window seal. My questions are: will the keeper shim resolve the locking issue; how can I attach the shim to the upper window without using screws and can the shims be layered i.e. can one shim be placed on top of another? I have a total of 12 windows and would like to purchase 6 back up parts. Thank you.
Window Lock
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The manufacturer of your windows used 90-009 locks. You don't need the shims. The problem is that the top and bottom sashes aren't meshing correctly. First, remove the top and bottom sashes and clean the interlocks. Sometimes things fall into the interlocks, preventing the sashes from meshing, or the frame has a nick. Check the top channel (where the sash fits into it) and the bottom sill to see if anything is causing the sashes not to mesh.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.