SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacement window locks

A home owner from USA says:
Hi
I am trying to find replacement window locks/ latches for my 1978 manufactured home (Schultz). I have attached photos.
Thanks for your help!
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Could you use our 91-174? Carefully compare it to your latch and see how they match up.
A home owner from USA says:
Thanks responding. That part will not work. There is only one latch per window unit.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 91-174 does come in a pair, but could one still be used as a replacement? If not, please tell me how the dimensions differ and we can try to find a better match.
A quick learner from Homeowner in USA says:
The suggested part will not work. This product was originally made by PHILLIPS.

Looking at the photo, the ribbed portion is the handle and is just over one inch long. The name PHILLIPS is on this part. The part which "locks" the window extends 1.25 inches from the pivot hole to the tip. The tip is angled at a 45 degree angle (the face of this angle fits flat against the window when in the locked position). The thickness of the locking end is almost one-quarter inch and the width of the handle portion is almost one-half inch. The distance from the pivot hole to the end of the handle is one and three-eighths inches.

Hope this helps.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for the additional information! We have found something that we think will be better match and will let you know as soon as it is available to purchase.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, our new 90-159 is now online and available to purchase. Let me know if this is a better match.
A quick learner from Homeowner in USA says:
Received the part(90-159) yesterday in the mail. They are an exact match and will work great for me as I replace broken latches. I am impressed with the short turn-around time from order placement and arrival at my home. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Awesome! That's great news. I'm glad everything worked out. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to ask.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)