SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacing a roller for a Pella sliding door

A quick learner from New Mexico says:
How do I remove the door from the track? Then, how do I remove and replace the roller?
Thanks,
Jim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That would depend on a few factors. Could you show me a picture of the door from the inside and outside? Thanks!
A quick learner from Santa Fe, NM says:
Thanks for the response. I am attaching four photos of the door. Hopefully these will give you the information you need.
Thanks,
Jim Morris
User submitted photos of patio door rollers.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe that Pella doors, like Andersen wood patio doors, have a piece of wood trim at the top inside of the track. It should be held in with screws. You will have to take those out to remove the wood trim. After it is removed, the door should drop out from the top of the door to you on the inside of the house.
A professional from Placentia, California says:
Pella is not at all like Andersen. The sliding door is on the outside. Remove the handle. Remove the bumper from the track. Slide the door all the way back until the door is past the bottom bracket in the middle. The bottom (not the top) should lift off the track and swing out away from the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)