replacing bottom side roller wheel

A home owner from newton,ma 02459 says:
My bottom roller size is approximately:wheel diameter 1and 1/4 inch,width 1/4 inch

mounting strip width 7/16, mounting wheel separation 2 1/2 inches. these match with your product # 23-218

but your roller wheel is made of nylon, the one i have is metal.

the wheel is for metal door 79 1/4 high and 24 inches wide.

i would appreciate your help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Do you know what the brand of door you have?

Is this door on a boat?

What material is roller and the housing of your original roller?

Can you send a photo of your original roller?
A home owner from newton,ma 02459 says:
followup response to my initial enquiry about your product #23-218, bottomside roller wheel.
The house is a ranch house built in 1955. Unfortunately I do not know the manufacutere of these metal doors.The closets in the rooms have metal double doors, the roller tracks are 1 3/8 inch apart. The top width of each track is also 1 3/8 inches. All the roller dimensions perfectly match with #23-218. The only doubt I have is about the strength and durability of nylon wheels especially at the edges.Is it possible to have this product in metal wheel? What are the alternatives?
B. S. Dandekar
Thanks for your prompt response, and I look for more help.
I do not see any need for sending the image. I am satisfied with the picture of this product #23-218.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The reason I asked if this door was on a boat because I found a similar roller with a metal wheel but it was made to replace a wheel used by a boat manufacturer. The dimensions of this other roller are different from the 23-218 so I do not think it would be a good alternative for you.

Unfortunately the 23-218 is only available with a nylon wheel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.