SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

replacing old style fold down crank hadles

A home owner from Monsey NY 10952 says:
I replaced my kitchen window with a ROTO 3 section casement window about 6 yrs ago. Two of the three crank handles broke and the third one feels shaky. They have the old style operator where it shows product code 39-092 being the new style. Can I order 3 fold down crank handles in white, all left handed? Do I need any other parts to replace the handle? Please advise and thank you for your kind help in this matter.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you just need a folding handle, please take a look at the Swisco 39-224 Fold Down Crank Handle. This handle is neutral, as it does not come in left or right. Only the operator itself would come with a left or right option.
A home owner from Monsey, NY says:
Will fold down crank handle 39-224 fit old style operator? If yes, will I need any other hardware in addition? I'd like to order whatever I need at one time. Thanks so much for your answers.
Profile picture of Dave
The 39-224 does fit the roto operator if it has the hex spline. Please confirm your operator has the hex spline.
A home owner from Monsey NY says:
Forgive me, but how would I know if it has the same hex spline?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You can post a photo of your current hardware so that we can help determine whether or not the 39-224 will fit.
Instead of doing that could I just order the old style fold down crank handles that went with the old style operator? Is it available and if yes, what would be the part #? Thank you for your patience and for your advice and help.
Added footnote to question sent a minute ago: Wouldn't
Swisco/Roto, who manufactured both styles know themselves if the new handles are compatible with the old operator? I currently don't have the ability to email a photo.
Profile picture of Dave
Roto operators use a spline or hex type gear that attaches to the handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)