SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

roll out window part

A quick learner from ky says:
i'm trying to help my neighbor,she has a Caradco bay window that has roll out windows on both sides,on the very bottom of the window is a plastic guide that slides in the bottom track when the window opens,that part has broken,can i buy this part or does anyone know the part number for this.thank you
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We can help you replace this part but we need to see a picture of it. Can you take a few pictures with a digital camera and submit them here for us to review?
this isnt the greatest picture,i may be acle to get you a better one if need be you can see the plastic guide on the window that runs in the trck when it opens,by the way this is a shot off the working side.thanks a bunch for answering.
User submitted photo of their roll out window guide.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, I really cannot make out the guide in this picture. Can you retry taking the picture? If it is easy enough, try removing the guide from the window and taking a picture of the guide by itself.
try this one,looks good on my computer.thank you
User submitted photo of their roll out window guide.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The part you are pointing at looks like a part of the window hinge. You will not be able to replace just that part, you will have to replace the whole hinge. Take a look to see if our 36-013-10 would be a good fit for you.
yes sir i believe thats it,i told her to go ahead and order the part,i looked at the window and it looks pretty simple to do,just undo your hinge's take out the bracket screws top and bottom and the window should come out from what i can tell unless i'm missing something.
i wanted to thank you guys for helping me find this part,great forum.thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)